Research paper with any of the topics below
Choose one of the following research topics: (Personal well-being (exercise, diet, managing stress, social and emotional support); interpersonal well-being (family and friends, the benefits of connections, the importance of social support, developing healthy relationships, intergenerational relationships); Community and culture and well-being (community support, social inequality, poverty, climate change, health care, discrimination and its consequences, combating prejudice, coping with chronic illness, death, dying, and mourning, the joys and problems of technology, staying connected through technology, fighting loneliness and social isolation, how can spirituality help in a difficult time).
· Once you have chosen a topic (you may choose several related topics) conduct background research and write a critical review of research, what does the research say? What is missing? What theory makes sense when considering your topic? What are your overall conclusions? Remember you are not conducting an original study, as such your work will not have a method section to your short paper, please follow the guidelines below. See the attached Rubric for more detailed information to guide your research.
· You will need at least 4 current and professional sources, 2 of these must be APA Journal articles.
In addition to the 2 journal articles, your research can include the internet, books, magazines, and other online or paper sources.
· Write a 6 to 8 page (double-spaced) critical review of the literature paper in APA style. This page count will not include the references, title page, and abstract page.
· You must include one theoretical perspective, for example if you are researching loneliness you can include a theory of social support, make certain you reference your theory.
Your paper must have written in APA style: Please refer to the latest APA publication manual for guidance, there are tutorials available: http://www.apastyle.org/index.aspx
· See due dates and points below
· I encourage you to submit a rough draft by the date mentioned on the syllabus for my comments, I also encourage you to partner with a colleague and edit each-others papers.
· The Title Page: Your title page should contain a running head, the title of the paper, your name, and your school affiliation.
· The Abstract: The abstract is a very short summary of your paper. This section is placed immediately after the title page. According to the rules of APA format, your abstract should be no more than 150 to 250 words.
· Review of the literature: This section will consist of a review of literature (6 to 8 double spaced pages). You should introduce the topic, present at least one theory that you believe best explains your topic, and discuss at least 2 empirical studies focusing on your topic.
You will not be conducting actual research only reading about research that has already been conducted so your paper will not have a “Method” section. Follow APA guidelines regarding biased, gendered, or ethnocentric writing or value judgments.
· The Reference Section: The reference section is where you include all references that were used to write your APA paper. Remember, if you cited something in the main body of your paper, it must be included in the reference section. This section should begin on a new page, with the word “References” centered at the top of the page.
· Total possible on paper – 100